Our firm is dedicated to protecting your financial security and the well being of you and your family. In Michigan, without a will or trust, statutes control who inherits your assets as well as the percentages they would receive. We are determined to understand your wishes and needs in order to create the planning instrument that will reflect and achieve your goals.
For some, a simple will may be the instrument used most easily to convey your wishes to your family.
For many of our clients the establishment of a Living Trust, also known as a Revocable Grantor Trust is an effective manner to protect your home and other financial assets during your lifetime, as well as during periods of disability, and assure that they are distributed according to your wishes upon your death. Some advantages of a Revocable Grantor Trust are as follows:
- Avoidance of Probate Court entirely
- Maintaining complete control of all assets during your lifetime
- Continued control of both your money and your financial assets
- An effective means to address family concerns
- Upon death, your wishes become irrevocable
- Maintain complete privacy of your assets and intentions
- Create cost savings for your family
- The ease of administration
- Creation of peace of mind
- A Trust Amendment may be easily made for any changes
In addition to the trust documents, we draft powers of attorney and health care directives to supplement your trust. We also create the Quit Claim Deed that places your real property into your trust name while you maintain complete control of your property.
Our firm can accommodate any of your trust needs includeing: Special Needs Trusts, Blended Family Trusts, Young family estate planning, Same Gender Trusts, Alzheimer’s and Dementia Trusts, Pet Care and Ownership Transition Trusts.
Flexible Appointment Scheduling – Master Card and VISA Accepted
307 East Main St., Lowell, MI – Phone: 616-897-5460